Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Seeing must be believing


I strongly dislike purposefully ignorant people. Especially when I know that I am in the right...and they refuse to see around them beyond the shadows. We as people wear blinders, and we choose when to put them on and when to take them off and just trust. I admit that sometimes I am at fault when it comes to taking my blinders off, we all are...who can argue that? But what I don't understand is when your career and education, everything you've been taught says that sometimes what you see isn't always what you get, and yet you refuse to believe that what you might not be seeing is in fact...actually happening. We are told to believe in things we can't see starting when we're toddlers; Santa, God, Love. And we do. We believe without hesitation. But when it comes down to something that is staring you right in the face, we pull those blinders back on, refusing to accept what we cannot see or may not personally be witnessing. So instead of accepting the facts set before us we try to rationalize. We try to force an answer that we like, rather than what needs to be. It is our way, because it couldn't possibly be another. TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF!! Give people the benefit of the doubt, trust...and believe without seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment